Yesterday my team at MLS Digital launched an all new, fully responsive version of MLSsoccer.com. This is the latest is a series of launches for the team as 13 of the 20 MLS Clubs are already on this new platform (The rest will move before the end of the year). The entire platform is a big step up from previous versions, especially if you are on a mobile device. As you explore the new system here are some of the best features of the new system that you may have missed.
- Playoff Scenarios - Follow live as the the teams battle for playoff positioning over the last several weeks of the MLS season
- Live Standings - Is your favorite team in or out of the MLS Playoffs? Only one way to find out with up to the minute updates from around the League
- All New Stats Page - Fully redesigned display of League leaders
- Endless Scrolling News Page - No more having to page through page after page, get caught up on all of the latest MLS news
- Highlights - Easily find all of the latest highlights in one place
In addition to fan facing innovations, a ton of work went into an all new site infrastructure. As part of the roll out we moved the system from physical servers to the AWS Cloud. We also created an auto-scaling infrastructure that allows us to better manage the inevitable traffic spikes that come with live sports. For insights into the work that went into the infrastructure check out this article from last year that explains some of the building blocks of the system.
I am really proud of the team, over the last year we have created an all new product team led by MLS' new VP of Digital Products Samir Gole, Director of Engineering Brian Aznar and Director of Products Wade Anderson. This was the first major League release for the new crew and it is super exciting to see the team coming together around a major system upgrade.
Finally we will continue adding new features to the system over the coming weeks and months. As a sneak peak here is a little something we are playing with.